Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Williams Syndrome

i have slipped into a deep, inconsolable, depression.

last night i saw michelle williams of destiny's child second draft fame and i said nothing to her.  nothing.

i mean, i spent numerous formidable teenage years driving around in my friend's mazda 626 blasting some DC (oh yeah we abbreviated their name and totally understood each other when we referred to them as such and i'm sure we were like the only fans ever to do this. whatevs).  7 o'clock in the morning on the way to school.  10 o'clock at night driving one mile radius circles around the popular gas station to see if any of our other friends had shown up yet to hang out in the parking lot (did i mention that there isn't a whole lot to do in suburban minnesota?) because we, obviously, couldn't be the first ones there.  point being... we'd pop one of those cd's into our discman, plug in the tape adapter, and wear.those.records.out.

this morning i woke up giddy from my MW of DC sighting and began telling everyone i knew who would be even remotely excited about this.





(read this one bottom to top, and try not to pee your pants when "anonymous friend" calls me blue ivy's godmother)





this is the cuban restaurant we were at.  you know, because michelle likes to keep it real.










hope you were ready for this jelly.

love, blue ivy's godmother


ps - a great big bootylicious thank you to savannah at rolled up pretty for today's link up!  go check out her hot new gold glasses.


12 comments:

  1. omg please tell me that email is from Mary Susan. It feels VERY Mary Susan-esque.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HILARIOUS! You two are too much! #iloveit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping over from Mae's blog! That e-mail was hilarious! "We can do around town patting our heads" almost made me spit coffee across the room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by! glad the blog made you laugh today.

      Delete
  4. Hahaha!! This is HILARIOUS! I'm completely dying right now. I was equally as obsessed with DC back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right? every good (ok, that's questionable) teenage girl was in the late 90's!

      Delete
  5. Stumbled over from Mae's blog, and OMG you have a new fan. You are absolutely hilarious! I will definitely be following you now. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy crap. I don't know what's better. This post, or your story about Annie in your about me. Either way, I am definitely your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i don't know about you but the annie story is my parent's fav ;)

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness. I found your blog through a facebook friend and have loved every post I have read. We are in the process of adopting (domestically), so that is what first caught my eye. This post will bring me back as a regular reader. Hilarious and "so good".
    This brought back so many high school memories. So there is my "confession."
    love~

    ReplyDelete